Saturday, May 30, 2009

Can I Do It?

I've been waiting to post until I finished a DSFDF/Karin Jurick challenge. It's not the current challenge. I selected the one prior to that. I saw it just before the deadline and I wanted to paint it even though I wouldn't have it finished in time to submit. Well, it's still not done and I would like to say that it's really hard! Every time I look at it I start singing Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi because (yes, that's right) it has a big yellow taxi in it. In fact, it has several. Yikes! They are difficult to paint! No offense intended to Joni, but it's easier to sing about them than to paint them.

I would like to let anyone in the Las Vegas area know that Mary Warner has a show coming up in the Donna Beam Fine Art Gallery from June 19 to Jul 31. She and her art are very cool. If you haven't seen her work, check it out. She does a lot of florals. She works in acrylic and watercolor. I think she does some oil, too.

We had to take Cary Grant (my big bear cat) to the vet today. His brother bit him on the foot and it got infected. Poor baby. He's like one of Hemingway's cats with extra toes. I guess Chip Hilton, All-American Boy, just found the extra toe irresistible and chomped it. Anyhow, he's recuperating in the guest bathroom. He got a shot of a super duper antibiotic and I'm supposed to flush the wound twice a day until it heals. I'm so thankful for this new shot. It's supposed to last for ten days and that means I don't have to give him a liquid antibiotic. Hooray because giving a cat a liquid antibiotic is even harder than painting a big yellow taxi (even if the cat is a real sweetie like my Cary Grant)!

No comments: