Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wisconsin

Last weekend Jim and I flew to Wisconsin for a visit. The only person who knew we were going to be there was my dad. We surprised my two sisters and my stepmother. My dad can keep a secret. We flew into Duluth, Minnesota on Friday and drove out to Solon Springs, Wisconsin. We stayed in Solon Springs, which is where Tammy lives and where my dad has a cabin. We had a great visit with everyone, but the time went by awfully fast.

Yesterday, Jim and I went to see a two-week-old miniature horse who belongs to a friend of my mom's. He is just darling. Later we went to see the Star Trek movie - excellent! Then, we went downtown to an open house at the Morelli house. It was a house built in 1959 on the Desert Inn Golf Course by the musical conductor at the Sands Hotel. He and his wife hung out with the Rat Pack and other stars. The house was moved from the golf course to a downtown location when Steve Wynn built his new hotel and destroyed the golf course. The house is so cool. I'm so pleased that we're learning not to lose all of our history. Las Vegas is a relatively young city, but we have an extremely interesting history. It's nice to know that somebody cares. It was an action-packed day.

I've got some ideas for new paintings - a desert scene, a series of me walking my sweet old boy, Teddy, and a robin (a little bit of Wisconsin here).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testing- Gammies, have you tried posting?