Friday, July 10, 2009

Cats Demand Equal Time




Since I posted photos of the dogs on my blog, the cats have said it's only fair that I post their pictures, too. Pictures of Cary Grant and Chip Hilton, All-American Boy were no problem. However, every time I try to get a shot of Ben Hogan and Smitty, they move out of the frame and come to me. Photos of Ben and Smitty will be posted later. I'm tired of running away from them. The "sit - stay" command just doesn't work as well for our cats as it does for our dogs.




A little over a year ago, Cary Grant, Chip and Ben were feral kittens trapped under a portable classroom by the women where Jim works. When they trapped the first kitten, Jim called me and asked if we could take in a kitten. I said sure, but we would have to take it to the vet before bringing it home because we didn't want to expose our cats to any possible diseases. Then he called and asked if we could adopt another one because the women had caught another kitten. I said ok. Then they caught another one. I said one cat, two cat, red cat, blue cat, what the heck. So that's how we ended up with 3 kittens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some fine looking nephews!

Autumn Leaves said...

Dogs, plural. Three kittens. Homesteaded cats already. Oy! You are as bad...no worse! than we are! LOLOL We have 2 dogs, 3 cats. At one point, we had 6 dogs, 3 cats, Chinese Water Dragon, and a Sun Conure. It was a chaotic zoo. Many tears and rehoming animals, we are down to the 2 dogs, 3 cats...Then my daughter moves in with her daughters and her Cocker Spaniel...and a bunny. And someone around here is nuts. Could it be me?

Still looking forward to seeing your next painting, Candy!

Tracey said...

Love the kitty names!
Tracey