Sunday, August 29, 2010

Big Head Todd and the Monsters


"Bittersweet, sweet and bitter, bitter and sweet." The Big Head Todd lyrics perfectly capture my feelings about this time of year. It is cooling off. We have to go back to school. We will get another beautiful bloom from our roses now. The light is changing and the daylight hours are fewer.

I haven't gotten much painting done. The last one I completed may turn into a collage...
This is the first stage... I liked the sky and had fun with it, but things went downhill from there. Oh, well. It's only paper and paint. It's only paper and paint. (I don't know what the heck that black mark is. I somehow managed to save it when I was resizing the photo, but it wasn't on the original photo. Hmmm.)

I finished 2 mysteries by P. D. James last week. It was the first time I'd read anything by her. I liked both of them.

By the way, is anyone a Big Head Todd and the Monsters fan? I love their music.


6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Never heard of the group, Candy. I'm an oldies fan through and through and I don't listen to music too much because it has a tendency to make me sad. Anyway, I think this piece started out fabulous. The sky is awesome!! That said, I don't know what happened to it after this point since I haven't seen it. LOL I love when the days begin to shorten and the air begins to cool. We're not getting much cool here though. At least not yet.

padmaja said...

The sky has a nice abstract quality Candy.. hope to see the finished painting:-)

Pat said...

I like that sky!
Are you sure that isn't a seagull wanting to fly in it? :)

Candy said...

Hi, Sherry! Listen to the Beach Boys and you won't be sad. You'll be dancing around the house. This is especially effective for doing housework.

Cool is relative. If it's not in triple digits here, we are very happy:)

Padmaja, I vowed to post even if a painting isn't exactly good. Maybe I'll post this one under the heading, "Can this painting be saved?"

Pat, you made me laugh! I'm heading over to see what you have been up to.

Cobalt Violet said...

I am with them ... I like the sky! I have my once a month pastel workshop this saturday and realize I haven't touched a pastel since the last class. Life ... busy ... distracted. We have no alternative but to forgive ourselves and go forward ... with a smile even!

And you're right - Beach Boys for housework, hanging by a pool and of course, the beach.

Mermaid's Palette said...

Never heard of Big Head Todd, but I love your sky! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Sheryl