Friday, June 13, 2014

Yellow Is the Color of My True Love's Hair

When he was younger, Jim was a blonde.  Now, he's a platinum blonde as handsome as ever.

I've just started a painting of a visitor to my hummingbird feeder.  Jim actually managed to get a photo of him.  He flew away every time I tried.  He left me with some wonderful photos of the feeder with not a bird in sight:)  He was here for a couple of weeks - an amazing addition to our group of ruby throated hummingbirds, other types of  hummingbirds, finches and sparrows.  He's a hooded oriole.


And now for photos of the yellow and pink beauty that has become my new companion.
 







This summer is going to be a fun one!

11 comments:

irinapictures said...

Life is so good. Specially in the summer!

Candy said...

Hi, Irina! It's fabulous!

Jimmm said...

I tried to get her to get a "Modern" bike, but she does pretty good with just the one gear!!!......

Jimmm said...

PS....It costs a lot of money to get my hair this color..

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

You are a very lucky woman! Jim is a hottie and I love the bike. Did you paint the flowers on the bike?

Candy said...

Hi, Carol! The bike came with the flowers on it. I have a basic helmet right now, but once I learn more about them, I would like to get one that I can paint to match the bike. For the time being, I'm just cruising along.

Marty said...

hope your summer is filled with happiness and fun

Candy said...

Thank you, Marty! I hope you're enjoying summer, too!

sandy said...

that is such a cute bike!! Love it.
Did you ever finish your goldfinch painting?

sandy said...

well my mistake - i mean oriole!

Candy said...

Hi, Sandy! I haven't finished the oriole painting. I signed up for the 30 Days in September Painting Challenge. I have to do something to get myself to paint. I keep talking, but not putting the words into action:) In love to paint and once I get in there, I'm so happy. I don't know why I don't just do it.

I'm glad you like the bike. Riding a bike makes you feel like a kid again!