Saturday, September 22, 2018

Happy Saturday!

I haven't been blogging lately because I've been busy with our new family member.  We're trying to get him to fall in love with the cats and the cats to fall in love with him.  So far, the cats are letting him have the run of downstairs and we put up a baby gate to keep him from joining them upstairs.

Meet Georgie.  He's 9 to 11 months old.  He's a Lab mix.    He's very sweet.  We adopted him from Those Left Behind.  Everything is new to him, so we have to make sure he chews only on his toys, etc.  I'm upstairs while Jim is babysitting.  I can hear Jim saying, "You might as well confess.  It'll go easier on you."😊 I started laughing and Jim told me not to encourage him.


"A thing of beauty is a joy forever."  I know Keats wasn't talking about my new brush, but he could have been.  I try to use as few products made from animals as I can.  I have old brushes that I bought before I thought about where they came from.  I've been babying those brushes for years because they are really wonderful, but I will not buy another brush made from animal fur.  I've tried different synthetic brushes and they are good but not as good...until now.  I have found a synthetic brush that is just as good as natural hair!  Amazing!  This is it.  Check out my new brush.

It truly is a thing of beauty.  It's so good that I thought they'd made a mistake and sent me natural hair.  It's Dick Blick synthetic squirrel.

The other thing I wanted to show you is a watercolor I did about 2 weeks ago.  It's tight, but I was pleased with it.





Now that I have a few moments at the computer, I'll be visiting you guys.  Jim is a very good babysitter!



8 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family, Candy! He is so CUTE!! Georgie is one lucky guy! Wishing you the best with Georgie and the cats, but I'm sure they will all do great as time goes on. Give him a big welcome hug from Aunt Chris :} & keep us posted with photos, please.
Love your new magic brush! I will give one a try when the old one wears out. Thanks.
And your painting... a thing of beauty, my friend.

Barbra Joan said...

Thanks Candy for taking time to come to my blog. I always appreciate your comments.
What can I say about your new 'kid'. And thank Jim for the laugh.. funny! I talk to my 'kids' also. I only have Jenny my 'supercat' now, but my last two dogs were my children. Oh how I miss that.!
Your right on about the animal hair brushes. I too have looked into alternatives.
Any kind of animal mistreatment drives me crazy. I"m way too old to change now, and that's fine with me. I'm grateful there are people like you in this world.
hugs ,

Candy said...

Thank you, Chris! Georgie wants to be friends, but just can't quite figure out how to go about it without sending the cats heading for higher ground. He'll get a big hug as soon as I go back downstairs. We didn't make it to Life Is Beautiful, but I think the art is still up so we might get to see it without contending with the crowds.

Candy said...

Barbra Joan, I'll tell Jim you thought he was funny. He always cracks me up. Georgie absolutely adores him and tries to "help" him when he's doing stuff around the house. So glad you have your Jenny. Animals are a wonderful part of our lives. Have a great Monday!

sandy said...

He's so cute. nice flower painting, very pretty.

Candy said...

Thanks, Sandy!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...


Georgie! What a cutie. I'm in love already. Still a puppy. You'll have your hands full.

Thanks for the tip on the Dick Blick Brush. Love your flowers!

Candy said...

Thank you, Carol! I think I'm going to try another size brush. I was so pleased with this one!