Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sun, Sun, Sun Here It Comes

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm posting a WIP flower for you. The sun was shining today in beautiful Las Vegas. In celebration, I had to start painting a sunflower.

We had a wonderful day today. I pruned the roses - a tad late, but I think it'll be ok. Jim weeded. We have 25 rose bushes, but I didn't have to prune all of them. Some of them were just planted last spring, so I won't trim them until next year.

I have found a wonderful author. Her name is Louise Penny. Jim and I went to the bookstore as our Valentine's Day present. I bought Still Life which is her first novel. I started reading it yesterday and I finished it today. I fell in love with her characters. I visited her blog. She seems to be just charming. If you're in the mood for a good mystery, check this book out. Tracey, I know you'll like it.

I also bought a biography of Alexander Hamilton. I'll let you know how I like it. (I may not get around to it right away. We made another trip to the bookstore and I bought another Louise Penny novel.)

Now that the sun is back, I'm anxious to see how our solar panels will do. I don't think we've gotten an accurate picture so far because of all the cloudy, rainy days we've had.




We're off tomorrow for Presidents' Day, so I'll finish the sunflower then.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This sunflower is looking fabulous, Candy! It reminds me a bit of Van Gogh's work, too. When I read your title, immediately the Beach Boys tune of 'Fun, fun, fun, til her daddy took her T-Bird away!' came into my head. LOL I hope I remember that author's name. I'm ready to read again. It is my all time favorite thing to do and I have willfully been avoiding it because I will do nothing else once I pick up a book.

Candy said...

Thank you, Sherry! I'm the same way. If I pick up a good book, all I want to do is read. I read all kinds of stuff, but, lately,I've been reading mysteries and biographies.

Anonymous said...

Did you notice that "daddy" came up again in AutumnLeaves' comment? All I'm saying...