First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Easter! Then, I'd like to tell you about my experiment. I'm playing with ideas from Nita Engle's book. I took a piece of Arches 140 lb cold press that was already stretched on a board, lightly sprayed it with water from my spray bottle (leaving a lot of dry areas), and squirted (from a squirt bottle with a needle tip) ultramarine mixed with water to about the consistency of whole milk in lines like waves across the paper. Then I sprayed with more plain water. Nita explains this better in her book, but the effect is white caps on water. (I didn't get the exact effect, but I was still excited.) I made a great big mess and had so much fun! I showed Jim, but I don't think he thought it was quite as exciting as I did:) He's a good sport, though! Anyhow, I'm going to continue playing with this. I think it will take a while for me to get the feel of it, but it's a cool, loose way to start a painting. No photos yet - I want to play a little more before taking photos.