Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gratitude Friday (A Little Late) Thank Heaven for Little Girls

I'm grateful to Jim for having two children. I don't have children, but because Jim does, I get grandchildren! They are terrific. Jim's son, daughter, her husband, Jim's stepfather and Jade and Lucy (our granddaughters) came over for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so much fun. Jade is 7 and Lucy is 1-1/2. They were both born on April Fool's Day. During dinner, Jade's dad asked her what she was going to do in the school talent contest. Jade said, "I'm going to play the trombone." I asked her if she knew how to play the trombone. She said, "Not really." I thought that was so funny. I admire how brave she is at the age of 7 - brave without being obnoxious. She is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I'm looking forward to watching her grow.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

And I am thankful for you, Candy. You have such a sweet and gentle spirit and I am so glad you have your grandchildren. They are always so precious, aren't they? Sounds like a fantabulous Thanksgiving dinner at your house!