Sunday, July 5, 2009

Colors, Artists, Miscellaneous (because I like to spell miscellaneous)

What do you think of quinacridone violet?

Charlotte, are you familiar with Brent Perkins' work? I saw his watercolors on his blog. Most of his subject matter is in Nevada and Utah. Very nice.

We sealed the grout today. We still have to install the transition strips and put the molding back up and we'll be done.

I've started a sketch for a watercolor of a tree in our neighborhood. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is. I know most of the trees around here, but this one is a mystery. I hope my painting will do the tree justice.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Candy. I did read some Trixie Belden, but do not remember reading the other series you mentioned. I can't remember if I read Anne of Green Gables as a kid or not. I did read lots of Nancy Drew though! LOL Now, as to those watercolor pencils, I will post the piece in progress today on my blog, just for you. So far, it looks a bit like colored pencil, at least to my youngest daughter. It won't after I add water. I wish I had a more natural talent as so many of you that I follow blogs have!

I so look forward to seeing your tree!