Friday, August 14, 2009

Gratitude Friday

This morning, with my usual grace, I fell and landed hard on my knees and my right arm. (No, I'm not grateful that I fell:)) I'm grateful that I fell on the carpet and not the wood floor or the tile. I'm also grateful that I didn't hurt myself except for a couple of bruises. My sister asked if I'd ever had a test for osteoporosis. I told her that I administer my own:)

I'm grateful that Jim and I have a perfect view of the sun rising over Sunrise Mountain every morning during the summer when we reach the top of the hill on our morning walk.

Now, the big news: I'm grateful that Gordon Lightfoot will be here in concert in October and we're going to go buy tickets tomorow! We saw him during Spring Break on Vancouver Island. His music is beautiful.

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh I do love Gordon Lightfoot! I know you will have a great time! I am doing a London scene from the Virtual Paintout...I think that is what you asked me, yes? LOL Please do be careful, darlin'. Walking is serious business! (These types of mishaps happen to me as well!)

Candy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your London scene. You're too funny! I have to admit that Jim and I thought my tumble was pretty comical.

The funniest time that I've fallen in relatively recent history was when I was taking a tennis lesson. My instructor was about half my age. He was babying me - taking it easy on the "old lady". I decided to give him a little talk about not taking it easy on me, moving me around the court instead of hitting the ball right to me, etc. As soon as I stopped talking, he hit the ball cross court. Oooh, I had wings on my feet, running, running, arm outstretched, I was going to return that ball on behalf of all the forty somethings in the world! The next thing I knew, I was flat on my stomach on the court. I think my instructor thought he had killed me. He jumped the net and came running over to me. "Are you okay?" I was a little skinned up, but not hurt. I couldn't get up because I was laughing so hard. It struck me so funny that I gave him a big lecture and then when he presented me with a challenge, I tripped over my own feet! Now that I'm in my fifties, I'm considering letting people baby me:)

Autumn Leaves said...

LOL That poor guy! I recently attempted a few playground equipment things and fell - badly - not once, but twice! I hurt for days afterward. What happened to me???

Celeste Maia said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog and for leading me to yours. I have enjoyed reading back your entries, what an interesting blog you have. I started blogging last June, so I am relatively new at this. I have already put your blog among my favorites so I will be coming back. Nice "meeting" you!

Tracey said...

I am also "full of grace"....NOT! I am VERY clumsy! I am so glad you did not get hurt!
:) Tracey

Candy said...

Thanks, Tracey!

Celeste, it's nice meeting you, too! I love your blog - great stories and great paintings! Who could ask for more?