Monday, February 8, 2010

Saying Goodbye

We said goodbye to Jack on Friday. He and Jim were very close. He was Jim's stepdad since Jim was 9. He was our buddy. On Friday, we went over to his house to sit with him. He knew we were there and talked to us a little, but would drift off to sleep. We went home around 8:00 p.m. and got a call 45 minutes later. He had passed away. We went back over to wait for the hospice and mortuary people. As they wheeled him out the front door, the grandfather clock chimed 10 times. It seemed like something that would happen only in the movies. He was a very brave man. We're going to miss him like crazy.

8 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh honey...I am so very sorry. There are no adequate words. Your Jim and you, your mother-in-law, and any others who loved Jim's stepdad will be in thoughts and in my prayers. You have my deepest sympathy...

Teresa said...

Condolences and prayers for comfort go out to you.

Tracey said...

Candy,
I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep y'all in my prayers.
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Jack was one of the good guys.

Deb Harvey said...

I'm so very sorry, Candy. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers too.

Deb

Candy said...

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm coming by to see what's been going on in your lives.

K A B L O O E Y said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm a stranger and just came over to "meet" you since you left such a lovely and perfect comment on my blog, so I'll step aside and let your friends provide comfort. I'll come back -- your work is lovely.

Candy said...

Kablooey, you're very kind. I enjoyed your blog. Thank you for stopping by.