Monday, December 18, 2017

Getting Ready for Christmas!

I haven't baked Norwegian butter cookies in 15 years.  My grandmother used to bake them every Christmas.  She was an amazing woman.  My mom bakes them almost every Christmas.  She is amazing, too.  Then there is Candy.  I guess I bake them every 15 years.  I intend to bake them again in 2032.  Why?  Because they are so much work!  I don't know how Grandma did it - she didn't even have a dishwasher.  Yikes!  Anyhow, they are the most delicious cookies ever!

4 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Yes, my mom's and grandmother's respect for making traditional Christmas food has skipped a generation or two also. I took a lot for granted in watching them just "whip up" something delicious & now realize what an incredible amount of effort it took, especially without modern conveniences (Where would I be without my Kitchen Aid?).
It will be interesting to see what happens in 2032. Gives you lots of time to prepare, Candy. I will make a note to check in with you then!

Candy said...

Chris, you totally crack me up!:):) That will be my new line - I need time to prepare. My aunt (my dad's younger sister)told me that she'll be 91 when I bake those cookies again, so she thinks I should send her one in the mail to tide her over until then.

padmaja said...

You put a smile on my face Candy!

Candy said...

Padmaja, that is one of the nicest things you could say!