Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tucson

Our trip to Tucson turned out a little different from what we had planned. Jim's dad went into the hospital on Wednesday, but we didn't find out until Friday afternoon. (I think he was trying to keep from telling us in hopes that he'd be out before we got there.) He was having irregular heartbeats. We spent the day with him in the hospital. He kept apologizing to us for that. We told him it was great to visit with him no matter where we were. Everything seems ok now. He looks and sounds great. He's moving around pretty quickly, too. I predict that we'll go on one of his famous 4 mile hikes on our next trip to Tucson.

We rented a cute little red convertible in Tucson. Jim's dad got to ride home from the hospital in style - with the top down and the wind blowing through his hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he just missed that hospital food and wanted to go back for a little more...

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Glad dad recovered and enjoyed the great ride back home.
I've been looking for your email address on your blog so I can send you a photo of the complete rambling rose you admired clambering over my little summerhouse. Thanks for your lovely comments about my artwork/blog.