Friday, July 24, 2009

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot

This is the desert, so we expect it to be hot in the summer. Last weekend it was 114 degrees. I accept that. (What choice do I have?) Jim and I start walking the dogs at 4:30 a.m. to beat the heat. That's fine with me. I do complain about the heat at times. I also brag about our great weather from September to May. However, last weekend, the local weatherman told me I should put things into perspective by thinking about Death Valley's temperature of 128 degrees. Hmmmm... I don't want to.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I like the new blog page, Candy! I think it looks awesome and I love those colors! I must say that I am with you on the heat issue. I've been out to your neck of the words twice for work and was there a week each time. Oy! I about wilt in a nanosecond once I step outside of the a/c out there! Anyway, no worries...I put the art away as it is kind of defeating for me. I hope without it up, I won't feel so bound by my own limits and can open up a bit more with the art. I'm going to start a portrait today, I think. I hope I don't ruin it as it is for a gift!

Candy said...

Thanks for checking out the new page, Autumn Leaves! Don't worry, the portrait will turn out fine. My favorite weather in Las Vegas is what we get at the end of September or the first part of May. Of course, it's all relative. For example, if my dad comes out here from northern Wisconsin, the weather here looks pretty good to him in December!