Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Porcelain - A New Art Adventure!

Did I get your attention? Well, it's not exactly what you think. Jim and I are replacing the wood flooring that was damaged during our Spring Break flood. We're almost done setting the tile. It's beautiful - Venetian Stone porcelain tile (really and truly made in Italy). Neither of us has set tile before. Jim has worked with vinyl, but this is different. If you ever decide to do something like this yourself, be sure to buy knee pads. Also, buy gloves and use them. I didn't bother using my gloves the first day we were working on the project because it was easier to handle the tiles with my bare hands. However, thinset is very hard on your skin. I now wear my gloves. Here are some pictures of our work in progress.










2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a great floor! I love the pattern layout in the dining area. Actually, I love your countertops as well. I am not one who longs for granite countertops. Instead, I want to take out my old laminate tops and redo them in ceramic tiles...Looking forward to your next piece of artwork!

Candy said...

Thank you, Autumn Leaves! Our house is old by Las Vegas standards. It was built in 1960. The counter tops are original and I like them, too.