Friday, October 15, 2010

Gratitude Friday or Who Was That Woman?

Who was that woman who said, "Our granddaughter is staying with us while her dad is out of town, so there will be art galore"? Yikes! We're having a blast, but we haven't made any art. We've been reading in the evenings. She has a log for her teacher and we sign off on what she reads. Last night, we read a chapter from It's Raining Cupcakes. Wednesday night, we read Little Beauty and a story about farm animals who enter a talent show. All three of us spend a lot of time laughing.

We do a kind of relay in the morning trying to get to school on time. Jim isn't in the classroom any longer, so he has had the responsibility of getting Jade to her school because his schedule is more flexible than mine. I help her get ready and drop her off to Jim on my way to school. He handles the final leg of the journey during which they stop for hot chocolate:)

I am very grateful for having the opportunity to spend time with our lovely little granddaughter.

5 comments:

Grampaaa said...

She's a pain-in-the-drain!

Cobalt Violet said...

How fun! My parents have my little nephew until Sunday and are trying to figure out what to do to keep him occupied ... today was the zoo... I am going up this weekend. Art is a great idea! ... or maybe miniature golf?

Anyway, have a great time!

Ralph said...

Sounds like you are having a good time and that family life is what life is all about thank you for this post.

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining The Little Art Club! You'll have to draw some candy pictures with your granddaughter!

Candy said...

Jim, Lucinda, Ralph and Katherine, thank you for commenting. I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted on my blog! You all are so good about posting. I will do better:)