Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'm Still Here

I read about The Little Art Club on Katherine Thomas' blog, so I have become a follower. I hope it will inspire me to get some painting done. I want to do some Christmas cards. Katherine's drawings are awesome.

I just finished Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny. She's an award winning author whose work I love. If you're in the mood for a good mystery, pick up one of her books.

Jim is reading Battle Cry of Freedom. It's about the Civil War. For awhile, he was reading mysteries and I was reading history books and now we've switched.

We went to North Carolina to visit my mom for a few days at the end of October. I'm posting some photos. I want to paint the one with the bird. Is it some type of heron? We sure had a wonderful trip. We went to the Biltmore, toured the mansion and walked the lovely grounds. We also hiked at Chimney Rock Park - absolutely gorgeous!















5 comments:

Pat said...

Nice to see you again, Candy!
I hope you get inspired to paint again, because your paintings are just gorgeous! xx

Mermaid's Palette said...

Candy-
Wow, I had heard how beautiful it was at Biltmore, but never got to go. Went to Westbury Gardens on Long Island, and it is also awesome...they really knew how to live!
Sheryl

Jimmm said...

I still want the Taxi pic......The Biltmore was sorta OK.......

Cobalt Violet said...

Did you end up doing christmas cards? I am so behind! I am currently in history mode on the reading ... seems like I have been for awhile but they are in the biography realm.

Happy holidays to you!

Candy said...

Pat, thank you!

Sheryl, we really enjoyed it. I haven't been to New York yet, but it's on our list of places to travel. We'll have to add Westbury Gardens to the list.

Jim, the taxi painting is yours.

Lucinda, I'm behind, too. My backup plan is to buy cards at Hallmark. My mom and my sister sent me coupons:) Happy holidays to you, too!