Saturday, April 8, 2017

Vine Charcoal Candy

This is an exercise we did in drawing class Wednesday night.  We had mirrors on the walls and our drawing benches facing the walls.  Then we each drew one of our eyes, our nose and our mouth.  Jim joked that the younger students had an easier time of it because they didn't have as many wrinkles.  We had the option of trying to place the features to make our faces or keeping them separate to work on each feature.  Everyone in the class wanted to place the features to make his or her face.  We worked with vine charcoal.  Our homework assignment is to do a pencil self-portrait.  Here is what I did in class.

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You are beautiful, Candy!!!

Chris Lally said...

You were up to the challenge, Candy! Beautiful drawing of a beautiful face!
Your husband makes comments like mine. My family keeps reminding me to update the profile photo on my blog. It is at least ten years old - well, maybe more. I just tell them I forget.. (they believe that because I am getting old).

Candy said...

Sherry, thank you. I did leave out wrinkles, but they're in my homework project:)

Candy said...

Chris, thank you. My profile photo is old, too, but I like it so I'm not going to change it:)

Cobalt Violet said...

Lovely drawing!! You are making me want to take an art class! I hope you post the pencil one too! :)

Candy said...

Thanks, Lucinda! This class is so much fun! I'll post my homework, too. I'm coming over to your blog to post about the color festival. I LOVED that post, but didn't have time to post when I first looked at it. That looked like so much fun and it was so nice of that man to give you a color packet. I loved the idea of the caste system disappearing with the colors. Beautiful.