Friday, September 2, 2022

Getting Ready for the Daniel Smith Zoom Meeting

 Jim and I do the Daniel Smith Zoom meetings on Fridays.  We love the meetings.  We always learn something, see great demos and get that international feel.  Alex Hillkurtz was the guest artist at one of the meetings.  We liked him so much that I ordered his book.  The book is excellent!


 

Today's guest artist is Jim L'Oste-Brown from Australia. I'm not familiar with his work, but I'll let you know what I think.


Oh, and speaking of that international feel, we've discovered a show called The Brokenwood Mysteries.  Have you seen it?  So far, we've watched 6 episodes.  It's really good.  It's filmed in New Zealand.  It has a little bit of everything - interesting plot, likeable characters, humor, mystery, drama.  Check it out.




4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Candy,

Thanks for this. I will check out the book, and we'll take a look at the show.
It sounds perfect. Love your work.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Candy said...

Hi, Barbara! Let me know what you guys think of the show. Jim and I are practically ready to move to New Zealand:) When we fell in love with Inspector Lewis, we were ready to move to Oxford.

Debbie Nolan said...

Candy this looks like such a good book. One can never get enough instruction when it comes to drawing. Hope you enjoy your zoom meeting. Hugs!

Candy said...

Thanks, Debbie! Hugs right back!